The EANS Research Course, organised by the EANS Research Committee, will take place on 22 March from 10.00 to 18.15.
The Course will start with an introduction to neurosurgical research, followed by sessions on:
- How to finance your research
- How to critically appraise a paper
- How to define a hypothesis
- How to design a protcol for a study
- How to write up a study
- How to give an oral presentation
And featuring talks from:
- Peter McCulloch, IDEAL Collaboration Chair
- Fiona Lecky, Research Director of the UK TARN'
- Stephen Price, PRaM-GMB study CI
- Elena Becker-Barroso, Lancet Neurology Editor
In addition, the shortlisted Aesculap EANS Research prize candidates will present their work.
The Course will conclude at 18.15, followed by a joint networking drinks with the EANS Young Neurosurgeons.
Application for accreditation in process.